Yep, that’s right. As the green of summer is fading and the beautiful fall colors are just getting started, we’re going to celebrate Wacky Wednesday by eating the colors of the rainbow!
I am going to make baked chicken and the rest of the menu:
- Red: Apples (& honey for Rosh Hashanah)
- Orange: Carrots from the garden
- Yellow: Tomatoes from the garden
- Green: Cucumbers from the garden
- BIV/Blue-Indigo-Violet: Homemade blueberry-yogurt pops. They are lovely blue/purple hue.
It’s also Rosh Hashanah and I cannot think of a better way to start the New Year – sweet, colorful and bountiful (by harvesting the rest of last year’s harvest from our backyard garden.)